- CVDs are the number 1 cause of death globally: more people die annually from CVDs than from any other cause.
- An estimated 17.9 million people died from CVDs in 2016, representing 31% of all global deaths. Of these deaths, 85% are due to heart attack and stroke.
- Over three quarters of CVD deaths take place in low- and middle-income countries.
- Out of the 17 million premature deaths (under the age of 70) due to noncommunicable diseases in 2015, 82% are in low- and middle-income countries, and 37% are caused by CVDs.
- Most cardiovascular diseases can be prevented by addressing behavioural risk factors such as tobacco use, unhealthy diet and obesity, physical inactivity and harmful use of alcohol using population-wide strategies.
- People with cardiovascular disease or who are at high cardiovascular risk (due to the presence of one or more risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidaemia or already established disease) need early detection and management using counselling and medicines, as appropriate.
Palmars Hospital cardiologists are national leaders in the delivery of high-quality cardiovascular care, providing a full spectrum of personalized, accessible cardiac care including prevention, detection, rehabilitation and clinical investigation. Our multidisciplinary team of heart doctors includes cardiologists, trained clinical nurses and nurse specialists, anesthesiologists, cardiac pharmacologists, exercise physiologists, perfusionists, dietitians and cardiac social workers. Our cardiologists offer pre-operative consults and second opinions.
While dealing with cardiovascular disease can be daunting, our cardiologists provide compassionate patient care to you and your loved ones who are dealing with any cardiovascular issues. We offer advanced treatment options in a variety of heart-related specializations.
Cardiology Services & Subspecialty Consultations
Cardiology services include complete diagnostic capabilities:
- Echocardiogram and stress echo
- Treadmill stress testing
- Nuclear cardiology stress testing
- Holter, event and loop monitors
- Vascular ultrasound
- Pacemaker monitoring
Subspecialty consultations available for the following:
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
- Hypertension management
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Interventional cardiology
- Preventive cardiology
- Sports cardiology
- Valvular heart disease