Palmars Hospital doctors understand that all children deserve high-quality medical care and are therefore committed to improving the health of children and adolescents through pediatric expertise and excellence in patient care.
One of the biggest shifts in pediatric care is one that puts the family at the center of everything the care team does for the patient. Pediatricians at Palmars Hospital understand that children do not always say what is bothering them, neither can they always answer medical questions or be helpful while in the hospital. So they care for your child in a way that is comfortable and reassuring for you and your child, ensuring appropriate follow-up or long-term care.
Our child life specialists focus on emotional, social and cognitive growth during your child’s hospital stay making the patient and family the center point of care.
Our pediatricians are recognized for their treatment of the following diseases:
- Colds in children
- Common infections and your child
- Croup (laryngo-tracheo-bronchitis)
- Dehydration and diarrhea in children: Prevention and treatment
- Ear infections
- Febrile seizures
- Fever and temperature taking
- Fifth disease (Erythema Infectiosum)
- HPV: What teens need to know
- Hand, foot and mouth disease
- Head lice
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C in pregnancy
- Influenza in children
- Lyme disease
- Meningococcal disease
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Pertussis (Whooping cough)
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
- Pneumococcal infections
- RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus)
- Rubella (German measles) in pregnancy
- Strep throat
- Type 1 diabetes in school
- Urinary tract infections
We are a regional and national referral center that provides comprehensive pediatric care to children from birth to age 21.